What does your next team building exercise look like? Trust exercises? Mini-golf? Why stay in the real world for your next corporate or team retreat when you can visit another world?
Dungeons & Dragons is more mainstream and popular than ever, with streaming shows reaching record viewership. Celebrities like the cast of Game of Thrones, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and professional wrestling are all playing highly visible, and highly entertaining, games on platforms like Twitch and Youtube.
Studies have shown that the human brain reacts in the same way to imagined accomplishments as it does to real life events. Players around the world are sharing their stories with each other not just because they’re having fun playing a game—the successes they share together at their D&D table have a real emotional component that brings them together and helps them share successes, struggles, scares, and victories.
With COVID-19 keeping us physically apart from our colleagues, this real human connection is more important than ever. Why not invite your team to pick up a sword, learn a few spells, and defeat a dragon or evil wizard together for your next virtual retreat?
Why play D&D on your corporate retreat?
What you get:
- A professional DM. With over 20 years of narrative storytelling experience, your DM is a master storyteller. Not only has he run sessions for groups almost daily during the pandemic, he is the author of nine fantasy and sci-fi novels which have sold tens of thousands of copies worldwide. An accomplished stage and screen actor, the characters and monsters your players encounter will come to life for full immersion.
- A story that meets the needs of your team. Whether you’re looking for a classic fantasy adventure, a dungeon delve, a darker horror story, a whimsical fairy tale, or even a comedy game, you pick the style and tone that best connects with your team.
- A living world. Your retreat will take you to a fully-realized fantasy setting, where players can explore and find their own unique adventures and stories.
- Theater of the mind or a visual map – you choose. Using multiple cameras, players will have the option to see their characters represented on screen by fully-painted miniatures alongside the monsters they’ll face. Or, if you prefer, do away with maps and play using just storytelling and imagination. We’ll tailor your session to meet your needs.
- Ready-made characters. You will be provided with unique character templates for your team to choose from, ranging from dashing warriors to mysterious wizards and everything in between, with a multitude of variations so every player can find a role they’ll enjoy playing. Have staff members who have played before? They are invited to bring their own home-made characters to the table as well!
- A session that fits your schedule. Two- and four-hour sessions are available to start, with alternate durations available upon request. We work with your schedule to make sure your team can adventure when you want to.
- Continuity. Did your team have so much fun you want to adventure together again? Make it a quarterly event and pick up right where you left off.
- Follow-up. If you or your players want to learn more about the game or how they can take what they’ve learned home to enjoy with their families, tips, tricks, and consulting are available after every session.